Use of this blog constitutes acceptance of the following terms:
- Purposes: this blog, hosted by Hypotheses at the address https://ian.hypotheses.org/ (Geographies of Time henceforth) is for scholarly, educational, cultural commentary purposes only. Any commercial distribution or exploitation of this blog or its contents is strictly prohibited.
- Copyright: Content that originates on Geographies of Time is copyright protected with some rights reserved, published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license. For uses outside this license you may request specific permission to the author (see About).
- Materials quoted and reproduced in Geographies of Time have no known copyright restrictions for scholarly use (e.g. as determined by owners and/or scanning institution in case of digital libraries and collections) to the best of Geographies of Time‘s knowledge.
- Materials quoted and reproduced are used for non-commercial, research and cultural commentary purposes only (e.g. under U.S. fair use, E.U. limitations to copyright provided by law to protect and stimulate socially valuable uses, Italian right to quote, reproduce and communicate works with commentary and research purposes provided by “legge sul diritto d’autore”). Geographies of Time has no intention of infringing upon anyone’s legal rights: the name of the authors and the sources of the materials quoted are always indicated, as well as any specification as regards use rights, to the best of Geographies of Time‘s knowledge. In the event that you feel protected content has been used inappropriately or unfairly, please contact the editor immediately (see About).
- Offensive and controversial content: Because individual and community standards may vary in different geographical, historical and cultural contexts, Geographies of Time might make use of and/or quote sources that use terminology considered outdated and/or offensive, objectionable, controversial by today standards (e.g. terms characterised by colonial uses during the early-modern era). In so doing, Geographies of Time aims at retaining a historical perspective, e.g. quoting faithfully historical primary sources of interest, while calling into question their terminology and underlying conceptual categories. In the event that you feel offensive content is being used please contact the editor identifying what material you deem objectionable and giving your reason for wanting the material removed (see About).
- Liability: Any material and information contained on Geographies of Time is for research and cultural commentary purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the blog as a basis for making any factual, business, legal or any other decisions.
- External links: Certain links in Geographies of Time will lead to websites which are not under the control of this blog. When you activate these links you will leave the blog. Geographies of Time does not endorse or approve, has no control over and accepts no liability in respect of opinions, materials, products or services available on any website which is not this blog.
- Periodicity: updates and publication of content on Geographies of Time do not follow any regular schedule, thus this blog does not fall under the definition of newspaper or periodical publication according to Italian law 62 – 7.03.2001.
Header image credit: Lahontan, Nouveaux voyages … (A La Haye: chez les fréres l’Honoré, marchands libraires, 1703), tome I, detail of unnumbered page near “Table des Lettres”, Source: gallica.bnf.fr / Bibliothèque nationale de France.